Definition of IX (Internet Exchange)
It’s called IX (Internet Exchange), IXP (Internet Exchange Point) or DIX (Domestic Internet Exchange).
IX refer to Internet traffic exchange between Domestic ISPs.
IX networks is the Shared Internet Infrastructure that available for ISPs, International NSPs, Mobile Operators, CATV Operators, Internet Contents Providers to exchange their Internet Traffic with more neutrally, equally, efficiently and economically.
Prevention of Finance in Cambodia from Overseas Outflow:
- Without IXP, Internet traffics between local ISPs shall go to overseas first and then will return domestic again. This makes many problems like waste of overseas line costs, delayed communication, low stability and others. IXP can solve the problems.
- ISP can share IXP’s overseas line without ISP’s independent connection with overseas network to save the costs remarkably and to overcome national waste factors.
- The Internet traffic bandwidth between local ISP can be greatly improved to help develop Internet contents businesses, next generation Internet and telecommunication businesses in Cambodia.
Saving of Integration Costs between ISP: Without IXP, multiple connections between multi-operators and between ISPs shall be needed to exchange traffics. But, with IXP, sole connection can be made by using IXP to save not only line cost but also administrative cost.
- Not only high-speed Internet subscriber-oriented ISP but also contents-oriented ISP can directly exchange each other to minimize hop counts made by transit.
- Minimum hop count can lessen latency time that may occur when Internet users download contents.
- Internet customers of each ISP can experience higher Internet speed owing to low latency.
Will promote new generation of Internet Businesses :
- Simple Internet access path by IX allows Internet users to elevate Internet use efficiency and to develop Internet related contents businesses such as portals, filing sharing and e-commerce, etc.
- These days, big Internet Portal Service Providers have become powerful Internet traffic source creating more than 30 Gbps traffic: The portal providers’ large traffic makes Internet traffic not to rely upon IDC, and it has built up independent BGP network to connect IXP directly.
- Decrease unnecessary International Internet Traffic.
Flexible Internet Business
- Domestic Internet Exchange Speed is going to Ultra-High.
- Int. NSP can connection many ISP immediately without new cable installation.
- ISP can choose/change the Int. NSP which provide more competitive price immediately.
Expanding to New Business Area
- Mobile operator can be a new wired Internet Provider using shared infrastructure of IX.
- Internet Contents Provider can provide next generation of Internet Service like VoD, IPTV, Audio/Video Conference with Ultra High speed of bandwidth.
- No filtering, No Packet drop
- No apply any priority for transit traffic
- Transit speed between IX peers must be a equal
- No Internet Connection Service to end/home/SMB/Enterprise customers.
- From any Domestic ISP, International NSP.
- F.O. Cable have to be run by IX itself.
Efficiency and Reliability
- Minimum Transit Speed is 100Mbps, Maximum is up to 10Gbps.
- L-2 and L-3 IX connectivity.
- 24*365 availability , Primary & Backup IX system.
- IX is the critical resource for nation-wide.
- IX Infrastructure like F.O. Cable and Routing/Switch Equipment must be share to every peer as a free for their own business.
- Prepare all of Infrastructure for commercial.
- Invest the initial all of money to build Commercial IX.
- Is the owner of Commercial IX.
- Run the cable to all of ISPs.
For ISPs and Others
- No need to initial investment money.
- No need to run the Cable for connecting IX.
- Monthly payment is a little bit high than Non-Commercial.
- ISPs feel need of IX
- ISPs make association to build IX
- ISPs invest the initial money to build Non-Commerical IX
- ISPs are the owner of IX
- Invest money is high.
- Run the Cable → Cabling cost high.
- Pay for leased polls to EDC.
- Pay small money to IX for Maintenance.
- HT Networks(HTN-IX)
- CIDC – 155 Internet End Users(FY2010)
- High Speed transit between domestic ISPs.
- Reduce cabling.
- Available internet transit to other ISPs by using HT-IX cable.
- Choose/Change Int. NSP using IX Infrastructure immediately.
- Service Available Internet Traffic to other ISPs using IX Infrastructure immediately.
- Save International Internet traffic → Reduce Cost.
- Connecting every ISP with High Speed.
- Freedom choosing the Int. NSP.
- Can make other business like available bandwidth will use to service for Other ISPs using IX Infrastructure. So, will be a New Internet.
- No need to run cable to ISPs. It’s make service installation speed more fast.
- Only one cable to IX, get many connection to ISPs.
- Reduce Cost service to ISPs. Provide more competitive price to ISPs than other Int. NSP.
- Get many customers immediately.
- High speed to every ISPs .
- They can connect each other for ever because IX never die.
- They can change connecting immediately.
- Fault tolerance.
How to get HTN-IX service?
- MOU Sign-up each other
- Physical Networks connection has to be established with minimum 100Mbps L-2 Ethernet.
- Logical L-3 BGP Connection have to be established
- You can connection other ISPs, International NSPs, other contents providers as need using HTN-IX infrastructure freely.
- Office: +855-23-880-526
- (FAX) +855-23-880-562
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operation Manager
- Ms. Vuth Banaka
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: +855-12-841-624